Friday, October 22, 2010

A Parrot and Poop

After having such a bad day yesterday (with terrible dreams mixed in last night), this day has started off much better. This morning, (which begins around 9am these days--Jack is sleeping in Big time and Connor has to sometimes be woken up at 9:30am after 10 1/2 hours of straight sleep-Connor you really are baby.of.the.year!) started off much better! :) And this mommy needed it!

Jack--you pooped on the potty today!!! Yea! We have just started putting you on the potty and you have been telling us for the last 2 weeks if you have pooped or not. I will ask "Jack, did you poop?" and you will either say yes or no! And so far, you have told the truth! So, this morning, after some sweet cuddle time with Connor, we went and got you out of your crib and I asked if you wanted to go sit on the potty. For the last month or so, your favorite books have been your potty books. So, we went and sat on the potty and at first I walked away from you to try to finish getting ready for the morning. That failed because you just followed me. Then I sat down with you and not long after, I heard your typical "grunting" and voila! There was poop in the potty! I was so excited that I was jumping up and down and screaming! Not a good idea. You thought something was wrong with Mommy and instantly started crying. Your big, dramatic cry where you have trouble breathing! I came to my senses and calmed down and calmed you down, but continued saying "good job" and "you pooped on the potty, just like Michael in your book". We both started clapping and I think you started to catch on that this was all a good thing! Poor Connor was in his bouncy seat probably thinking "What in the world is going on?"! We then went and called Daddy who was just as proud! We are going to take our time since you are only 20 months old and I don't want to set you up for failure, but I think this was a great first step!

Now, onto to the parrot part. Apparently, I say "Oh Geez" all day long because you have started to repeat it every time I say which is turning out to be a lot! I never realized I said it at all! Ha Ha! At least I am not swearing!
You have really started to say more words in the last week or so and I am so excited to hear everything you have to say. This morning, at Walmart, you even said "More cheese" which is the first phrase you have said!

No comments:

Post a Comment